With the cost of installing high quality solar systems decreasing and energy prices continuing to rise, there has never been a better time to install solar.
If your business either operates seven days a week, uses a lot of refrigeration (cold storage, supermarkets, hotels/pubs) or you are in the manufacturing, medical or primary industries you may find that your energy consumption is on the higher end of the scale.
Investing in solar for your business has many benefits including:
- General payback period of between 3 to 5 years depending on the size and usage;
- Reduced power bills; and
- Environmentally friendly.
When investing in solar it is important for business owners to know that there are competitive and tailored finance solutions available to assist. When financing your business’s solar investment, you receive the following benefits:
- Improve your cash flow by avoiding large upfront costs and rather spreading the cost over monthly instalments;
- Fixed repayments providing cost certainty and giving you the ability to budget; and
- It allows you to take advantage of current government grants and incentives to offset your investment.
- Finance repayments are generally off set by the saving generated via the asset.
To put these benefits into perspective we look at a real-life example of a car dealership who invested in solar. The results were as follows:
- 99.7 kW System cost $129,421
- First year saving $41,804
- Annual finance cost $25,041
- First year net customer saving $16,762
- Grid energy use reduction 51%
- Peak tariff 28.61 c\kWh
This is just one case study that highlights the long-term benefits. With solar becoming more affordable, now may be the time to start looking at this great investment. If you would like to know more about how you can benefit from investing in solar or other energy efficient assets contact your Ledge Finance Executive directly, or contact us here and we will be happy to assist.
You may also like: