Bunbury Drilling Company (BDC) is a third-generation family business, which has been providing drilling services to the mining, agricultural and public water supply industries for over half a century. Established in 1955, BDC is one of the oldest and most experienced specialist drilling contractors in Australia today.
BDC recently took delivery of a new Schramm T130 Fury mobile drill rig to further complement and expand the company’s fleet and service capabilities. This new drill rig is a quantum leap for water well rigs in Australia with its high mobility, agility, power, and serviceability, with 130,000 lbs of pullback capacity i.e. the maximum load that the rig can lift. Whilst there are a small number of drill rigs in Australia with the same depth and diameter capacity, they are much larger and much less mobile units in comparison.
The Fury’s major advantage over these heavier rigs is its access to remote and difficult locations. Other advantages include:
- Faster set-up time – resulting in savings on time and wages.
- It is road legal and doesn’t require trip permits or transport floats – saving transport and cartage costs.
- Hands free remote controlled operation via a dual touch screen and joystick console, with an auxiliary remote console for back up. These systems allow setup and full operation of the rig from outside the rigs exclusion zone resulting in significant improvements to crew safety.
- Electrics allow real time measure and logging while drilling of operational parameters, including the facility for remote monitoring via internet connection.
- Designed for multiple drilling methods without the need to change drill heads.
- All hydraulic functions are run from a power take-off (PTO) allowing the other engine on the rig to be solely devoted to the air compressor.
- Split shaft PTO, meaning the rig can achieve 15% fuel savings over comparable rigs and provides a combines 1,050 total horsepower.
Ledge has had the pleasure of being BDC’s financial partner through the acquisition of the new rig, assisting the business through the purchase process and sourcing finance requirements tailored to their specific needs.
If you would like to know more about BDC, visit their website here.
At Ledge, we aim to promote our clients through our digital channels. If you are a client of Ledge and would like the opportunity to be featured, please contact our Marketing Executive, Jade Morgan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact your Ledge Finance Executive directly to discuss.
For more regular updates:
You may also like: